Atlantis Explorer Tour Boat Checklist
To ensure a rewarding trip aboard the Atlantis Explorer
for your group, please take a moment to familiarize yourself
with the following guidelines.
ATLANTIS EXPLORER CHECK LIST:
Prior to Arrival:
- Review the information in your confirmation letter. A deposit of $150.00 must be received 30 days prior to your trip. We accept personal checks and credit cards. School, organization, or personal checks should be made out to Long Island Aquarium. We also accept purchase orders or invoice payments if arrangements are made in advance. Please send a copy of your confirmation letter along with your deposit. Please include a copy of your tax exempt form if applicable.
- You must notify us 21 days in advance in order to receive a full refund if you decide to cancel your trip. If Long Island Aquarium has to cancel due to weather related issues, you will be refunded the full amount.
- You must notify us at least 48 hrs. in advance if you have changes in your head count. We allow one free chaperone per 10 paying children for groups of 10 or more, and 1 free adult per group of 10 or more adults, or seniors. Coast Guard regulations only allow us 72 passengers per trip, regardless of age.
- We do not allow eating onboard the Atlantis Explorer. There are no storage areas. There are picnic tables along the river, although they’re not covered in case of bad weather. Drinks are permitted, provided they are not in glass containers.
- Inform all students to dress appropriately, weather conditions can be very different (cooler) on the bay. We suggest layers, hats, jackets & gloves necessary accessories even in June!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- It is extremely important that your group arrives on time! The Atlantis Explorer is on a strict schedule everyday. We DO NOT hold the boat. Keep in mind your group may not be the only group scheduled for a trip. Also keep in mind traffic & weather conditions. Please call us if you know you’re running late, so we can reschedule your trip or make other accommodations.
- Buses should pull up to the sign that says “Atlantis Explorer” at the eastern end of the Town Municipal Parking lot, and unload. The buses can then go park in the available space in the parking lot. Make sure the bus driver knows what time to return to pick up the group.
- Group coordinator should check in at the Riverfront Ticketing House opposite the tour boat. Please have your final head count.
- DO NOT board the Atlantis Explorer without permission! Keep your group in the picnic area and off the dock until the naturalists or captain gives you permission to board.
- There are two Restrooms on the Atlantis Explorer
- Take Only Photographs! Leave Only Footprints! The Atlantis Explorer may stop on a beach for exploration; however, there is absolutely no collection of anything on the beach except for trash.
- As per Coast Guard regulations, the Captain is the ultimate decision maker and retains the right to cancel the trip for any legitimate reason (weather, mechanical, etc.) If that situation arises, we will contact you immediately. We cannot operate while small craft advisories are posted for Eastern Long Island Sound.
Please direct any questions or concerns to a staff member. Thank You!